Falling in love with the sea

Monday, August 17, 2015

I always considered myself to be a mountain person. This moment when I'm on my snowboard just going down the slopes and not thinking about anything else is when I'm happiest. I always overthink everything but not in that moment when all that counts is to look for the best way to descend the mountain and nothing else matters. Not that I'm not a happy person otherwise but usually other thoughts seem to keep me from just truly living in the moment and enjoying every second of it. That's what snowboarding does to me. But then last weekend happened and I might just be an ocean person now. I tried surfing for the first times and even though most of the time I just fell into the water instead of nicely standing up on the board it was an amazing experience. Just being in the water and trying to get a good wave while having a good laugh with friends - I don't think life can get much better than this.


And did I say anything about the landscapes yet? We went to Phillip Island for the surf camp and the beaches are breathtaking, especially when you drag yourself out of bed at 6:30 to watch the sunrise. I spent most of my time at the beach just walking around exploring and of course taking lots of photos. I must say I never quite understood the obsession lots of Europeans have with Australia but now that I'm here - I get it. Not only are the people super friendly, but the nature is simply beautiful. I think it's fair to say that I fell in love with the sea and everything else about Australia. Just thinking about leaving in about 4 months makes me want to cringe. But then again that's just me overthinking everything, for now I'm just going to enjoy my time here and leave you guys with some of my favorite shots from the weekend.






You Might Also Like

4 Kommentare

  1. No wonder you're falling in love with the sea. These pictures are absolutely gorgeous. <3
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes and in reality its even better!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. How great it would be if we were here together!

      Delete